Sunday, March 7, 2010

First Week in Copan Honduras

Hi Everyone, I mean ....Hola, Como esta?

It has been a very busy week. Saturday, I got to meet Kely and got to know her a little. I started sponsoring her last year in the Hope and a Future Program. She was delightful to talk to, and would like to become a nurse someday, so she can help children. She is in the eight grade and doing well in school. I really enjoyed the time we spent together and look forward to developing our relationship. Last year she gave her life to Christ and says her life is much better now.

Sunday I traveled to Copan with Andy, Corbett and Makenzie Warren. They are a missionary family that serves through Mercy International. I'm gratiful to God for giving me someone to show me around Copan. We had a seven hour bus ride and rested in the evening. Our first day at Guacamaya Spanish School was on Monday. This week has been very busy for me, I have been exposed to a lot of Spanish and feel that I have learned a lot.

In the video there are pictures of Kely, Tina and Jeusus' house where we are staying, Guacamaya Spanish School and the town square in Copan as well as other pictures. I hope you enjoy them. The town of Copan is beautiful and the weather has been great. We had a cool front come through, it has been partly cloudy and mild temperatures most of the week :) Some of the first pictures are of Tina's house where we are staying, she is a great cook and a wonderful host. There are pictures of the study area, our rooms, the kitchen, back patio and outside pictures of the house. I'll be taking more pictures and sharing them.



Gabreila is my Spanish teacher, She is twenty five years old and a very good teacher. We have went through the alphabet, numbers, telling time, adjectives, nouns, pronouns and verbs this week. I was taught about sentence sturcture as well. I think my toung is thicker now LOL. I'm glad Gabreila has patience.
It has been a full week with lots of study. I took time to walk around down town and to relax. I went to Church this morning and was blessed to be in His presence. I enjoy the service even through I didn't understand everything. The preacher was speaking about being filled with the Spirit and not of the things of this world, always a good message.

Prayer request:

That God help me comprehend and speak Spanish.

That God would give me divine appointments and help me build relationships.

That God would raise up people to support me through prayer and finances, I have reached about sixty percent of my financial goal.


May God bless you richly by revealing Himself to you,

Brian



3 comments:

  1. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds awesome, Dad! I'm so proud of you. Here's a link to that Spanish alphabet song - it's the same one I used to learn the alphabet.
    http://www.teachertube.com/viewVideo.php?video_id=123917
    Watch out though, it tends to get stuck in your head ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope all is going well, Sorry to hear about the problems at your Olathe house. Let me know if I can help do anything. And remember to publish some pictures for you mission book!

    ReplyDelete